14th Annual Walk for Suicide Awareness – September 10, 2018
Start/End Point: Heydenshore Park 589 Water St. Whitby waterfront
Route: Along Waterfront Trail 2.5 km to Thickson Rd. turn around -2.5 km back to Heydenshore Park (Walk proceeds rain or shine)
Once the Walk is completed participants will receive:
- A Free Tshirt & Water Bottle
- A free charity BBQ lunch
- The opportunity to participate in our annual Remembrance Ceremony balloon release
- The opportunity to bring pictures of their loved ones to post on our memory board (pictures will be returned at the end of the event)
In recognition of the impact that suicide loss has on all different groups of people, from families to workplaces to communities, we urge you to consider joining our Walk as part of a Team.
When you register— please inform us if you are walking as a Team!
We urge you to pre—register so we can provide for our BBQ:
- You may pre—register by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can register by calling (905) 430– 3511 Ext. 33.
We have 2 options for Pledges:
- Download a Pledge Form, collect cash or cheques made out to
Distress Centre Durham that will be collected on Walk Day.
- You may visit canadahelps.org and create a “Fundraising Page” to
send to your contacts who can donate via credit card and funds
come to Distress Centre Durham.
ALL Pledges are eligible to receive a charitable tax receipt upon request!