REGARDING REFERENCES FOR VOLUNTEERS
We sincerely value the contributions made to our agency by our specially trained volunteers. Without their hard work and dedication, our Helpline would not exist. In recognition of your efforts, we are pleased to provide either written or verbal references for employment or academic pursuits. References will ONLY be provided for volunteers who meet the following criteria:
- Successful completion of 200 hours or 1 year of service
- Successful completion of monthly commitment of 16 hours per month (including 8 hours done between 10pm and 6am)
Reference letters will not be provided if the above criteria is not met. However, we can provide a “verification letter” which will state ONLY the following information:
- The name of the volunteer, the start date, the fact that he / she successfully completed our Basic Training for Volunteer Helpline Workers
- The number of hours the volunteer contributed
- The date of the closing of the volunteer’s file.